CHANNEL SIZE.

Terry Shiplcark tshipclark at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 02:22:53 EST 2008

Recently I updated to Hardy Heron(Ubuntu beta) and with it cam
openssh-client 4.7p1.  In my environment we have alot of
Extreme(www.extremenetworks.com) switch devices which we access via
ssh.

4.7p1 would no longer allow me to connect to the switches, however 4.6p1
would. The error I received was.

' channel 0: open failed: resource shortage: Channel open failed'

I did some diggin and noticed these two constants where changed between
4.6 and 4.7

#define CHAN_SES_WINDOW_DEFAULT (4*CHAN_SES_PACKET_DEFAULT)
#define CHAN_TCP_WINDOW_DEFAULT (4*CHAN_TCP_PACKET_DEFAULT)

Changing the new value of 64*, back to 4*, solved the issue.

   - markus at cvs.openbsd.org 2007/06/11 09:14:00
     [channels.h]
     increase default channel windows; ok djm

Its probably an issue with our switches, but that is something I
probably cannot get rectified.