[openssh] Re: [openssh] Re: Frequent "Connection reset by peer"

Jefferson Ogata Jefferson.Ogata at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 1 01:34:23 EST 2008

On 2008-01-31 13:44, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
> 	But would the device have sent a RST if it received a fragment
> it couldn't route? I'm getting an actual RST from the router on the other
> end of a WDS link towards the far end laptop.

Some versions of Linux wrongly generate an RST in response to a bad TCP
checksum. (Wrongly because the bad checksum is telling you you can't
trust the TCP header and payload, so why generate an RST using values
from the header?) I've had problems in the past with simply bad cabling
exercising this bug.

--
Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata at noaa.gov>
NOAA Computer Incident Response Team (N-CIRT) <ncirt at noaa.gov>