Problem of porting openssh to arm9 platform

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Thu Feb 28 20:38:00 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 06:27:23PM -0800, Qian Li Guo wrote:
> I meet some problem when porting openssh.Please help me

Let's hope we can.

> stat("/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=21096, ...}) = 0
..
> open("/dev/null", O_RDWR|O_LARGEFILE)   = 4
> close(4)                                = 0
> --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
> +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
> Process 343 detached

This doesn't reveal too much. It doesn't show where ssh crashes.

Could you try building ssh with debugging enabled (-g option to gcc)
and running ssh under gdb - then when it crashes type "bt" to
recieve a backtrace showing in which function the crash happens.

Another, somewhat less informative but still interesting, method is
to run ssh -vvv and see what output you get. That can also indicate
where the problem is happening but running with gdb would be best.

//Peter