OpenSSH 5.1: call for testing

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Thu Jul 17 20:15:44 EST 2008

On Jul 17 18:56, Darren Tucker wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> >> This will be post-5.1.
> >
> > Too bad.  That means that 5.1 will not run on Cygwin 1.7 without local
> > patch.
>
> In that case I think we should put it in now.  It affects cygwin only
> and you're in the best position to know what the impact is.

Even better, I'm in the position to know how embarrassing it is that I
haven't provided this patch already years ago.

pathconf(_PC_POSIX_PERMISSIONS) exists for seven years and has been
designed for exactly the same purpose as the check_ntsec() function
in OpenSSH.  Oh well...

> >> This will be post-5.1. Could you file is as a bug so it doesn't get lost?
> >
> > Ok, will do.
> >
> > What about my question:

> > Is that also ok for post-5.1?
>
> If it removes ifdefs and doesn't break anything other than
> long-unsupported cygwin then it sounds good to me.

That's the idea :)

Thanks,
Corinna

--