ssh/sshd hang after "debug2: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 32768"

Bruce Allen ballen at gravity.phys.uwm.edu
Sun Mar 16 05:54:37 EST 2008

>> So it's probably not machine misconfiguration on the client side either.

> Do you know if your own hosts require correct reverse DNS records?

> Maybe the hotel ISP doesn't have names set up and you're not being
> let in because of that - while other hosts with less strict
> requirements allow you access.

Peter, as I recall one can disable the reverse DNS in ssh1 but not in
ssh2.  Is that right?

I have seen this problem in the past and as I recall, the ssh-sshd dialog
stops much earlier than I am seeing, and with a fairly clear error message
saying that the reverse DNS lookup failed or didn't resolve to the same
name/IP combination.

So I am inclined to think that this is not the problem.

Cheers,
 	Bruce