ssh/sshd hang after "debug2: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 32768"

Bruce Allen ballen at gravity.phys.uwm.edu
Sun Mar 16 22:20:18 EST 2008

Hi Peter,

A bit more information:

(1) My hotel's IP (Pasadena Hilton, service from AT&T) is NOT properly
registered in DNS:

    ballen$ nslookup
    > 12.191.122.167
    Server:         85.37.17.16
    Address:        85.37.17.16#53
    ** server can't find 167.122.191.12.in-addr.arpa: NXDOMAIN

(2) On opensshd version 4.8, turning UseDNS off makes no difference.
     Is there some other config switch I should try?

(3) I CAN connect to an opensshd version 3.6 ssh daemon.

(4) As far as I can tell, the sshd_config files being used for the v 3.6
     and v 4.8 sshd servers have only unimportant differences.

Any further thoughts or suggestions?  I have a few more days in the hotel
so I can try some other things.

Cheers,
 	Bruce