gssapi not enabled

Ted Creedon tcreedon at easystreet.net
Sat Apr 4 10:29:35 EST 2009

sshd_conf  aaadn ssh_conf

# GSSAPI options
GSSAPIAuthentication yes
GSSAPICleanupCredentials yes

 ssh -vvvv -o PreferredAuthentications=gssapi-with-mic localhost

debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: start over, passed a different list
publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: preferred gssapi-with-mic
debug3: authmethod_lookup gssapi-with-mic
debug3: remaining preferred:
debug1: No more authentication methods to try.
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password,keyboard-interactive).

when I troubleshoot using DDD I find that the gssapi-with-mic enable field
is off  when the client checks up on it..

I'm trying to find where its set..