configure.ac libedit problem solved

Ted Creedon tcreedon at easystreet.net
Thu Apr 9 08:03:52 EST 2009

Absolutely, positively, guaranteed not.

Just a "can't find libedit" - about as misleading as possible.

Had to hack configure to figure out what was missing - took 2 days..

Had the same type of problem with kerberos/gssapi...innocous errors in a
program that linked. Had to use DDD to figure that one out..

pkg-config was also misleading it reports:

pkg-config --libs --cflags libedit
-I/usr/include/editline  -ledit -lcurses

but libsurses doesn't exist, its libncurses (has been for years).

Back to getting the pam stack working with gssapi..

Thanks

Tedc