ssh_gssapi_check_mechanism fails

Ted Creedon tcreedon at easystreet.net
Sun Apr 12 11:09:20 EST 2009

Gssapi is failing at the following statement in sshconnect2.c, ok never gets
set to 1::
ssh_gssapi_check_mechanism fails

/* Check to see if the mechanism is usable before we offer it */
while (mech < gss_supported->count && !ok) {
                /* My DER encoding requires length<128 */
                if (gss_supported->elements[mech].length < 128 &&
                    ssh_gssapi_check_mechanism(&gssctxt,
                    &gss_supported->elements[mech], authctxt->host)) {
                        ok = 1; /* Mechanism works */
                } else {
                        mech++;
                }
        }

The debug errors are:

debug3: authmethod_is_enabled gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
Unknown code