OpenSSH NoPty patch

Ángel González keisial at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 07:46:30 EST 2013

On 31/01/13 20:12, Teran McKinney wrote:
> Please let me know if you'd like me to clean up this patch further, if
> you can take it from here, or if why it's not a useful feature in the
> main distribution of OpenSSH. I'm happy to use it on my own either way,
> just thought I'd send it your way in case it's something you guys can
> use.
I would call the directive AllowPty. In fact, from your man page:
«Specifies whether creation of PTYs is denied. The argument must be
``yes'' or ``no''. The default is ``yes''.» seems that the default is to
_deny_ creation of PTYs, whereas in the code it seems that the default
is to _allow_ the ptys (which is the appropiate behavior). A name like
AllowPty avoids the double-negation problems, and is also more
consistent with other option names.