Open SSH configuration query

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Thu Jul 18 01:26:45 EST 2013

On Jul 18 00:45, Darren Tucker wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Prashanth Maiya
> <prashanth.maiya at oracle.com> wrote:
> >              I have downloaded openssh (http://www.openssh.com/) on my Windows host.
> >              Just wanted to know if openssh allows executing a batch script on Windows host.
> >              Batch script contains mapping of shares which is required for my scripts.
>
> There's no binaries available from openssh.com that run on Windows,
> however assuming you either have the Cygwin binaries or have compiled
> OpenSSH using Cygwin, any mapped drives are available under
> /cygdrive/$driveletter, assuming you're trying to run a script that is
> Cygwin aware.

Install the Cygwin distro including a Cygwin OpenSSH binary starting
here:  http://cygwin.com/

> If it's vanilla Windows batch file then I dunno.  The fact that Cygwin
> works as well as it does is amazing given the differences between
> Windows and POSIX environments, but OpenSSH targets a POSIX-like
> environment and I don't know how well it would be able to support a
> Windows batch file invoked via an ssh command.

Remote shares are a bit of a problem due to Windows authentication
issues.  See http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview
for details how to get the network shares automatically attached
when logging in via sshd.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen