openssh-6.6p1 link error to openssl

vamshi reddy bairy bairyvr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 05:16:51 EST 2014

Hello all,

I am trying to force to link openssh to link openssl  from  my workaera
home/xxx/openssl/lib & home/xxx/openssl/include

Instead of default link “/usr/lib/” etc

./configure --with-ssl-dir=/home/xxx/install/open_ssl
 --with-cppflags="-I/home/xxx/install/open_ssl/include"

    --with-ldflags="-L/home/xxx/install/open_ssl/lib"

With this I could not able to configure openssh with my built in version of
openssl

When I run above command I end up with “OpenSSL header version... not
found”

Could you please let me know where iam going wrong