sftp and ControlPath

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Wed Aug 19 10:20:42 AEST 2015

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015, Marcin Stolarek wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Aug 2015, Damien Miller wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 10 Aug 2015, Marcin Stolarek wrote:
> >
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > I've check that when using sftp with -o ControlPath=... the first attempt
> > > just
> > > hangs. Can someone point me to appropriate lines in code where can I check
> > > whats going on?
> >
> > Please post a debug log "sftp -vvv ..." - it's essential to figure out
> > what is going wrong.
> I've pasted the output to gist:
> https://gist.github.com/anonymous/0eefbd24ca96b23128ef

debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.3

This is pretty old - we've fixed a lot of bugs in the last six years
and I can't replicate your hang with OpenSSH 7.0.

If you can't install a recent version and your operating system vendor
doesn't offer one then you'll have to ask for support from your vendor.

-d