OpenSSH v6.7 & NumberOfPasswordPrompts Option ...

Iain Morgan imorgan at nas.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 16 05:53:29 AEDT 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 15:29:18 +0000, Trey Henefield wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I discovered an issue in the latest version of SSH, where the number of password prompts are doubled. If I specify 1, I get 2, and so on.

Could you give a bit more detail? I just tried with 6.7p1 and got the
expected number of password prompts. Are the prompts all identical?
Perhaps you have both PasswordAuthentication and
ChallengeResponseAuthentication enabled, or perhaps the multiple prompts
are due to your PAM configuration if you are using
ChallengeResponseAuthentication?

--
Iain Morgan