Test Failure OpenSSH 7.1 P2 on HPE NSE for key-commands

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Feb 10 11:27:35 AEDT 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Randall S. Becker
<rsbecker at nexbridge.com> wrote:
> Thread split from my previous communication. Here is the key-commands logs
> on the platform.

[...]

OK, in this case the interesting bit is in the failed-sshd.log.

> Unsafe AuthorizedKeysCommand "/var/run/keycommand_SUPER.SUPER": bad
> ownership or modes for file /var/run/keycommand_SUPER.SUPER
>
> debug1: restore_uid: 65535/255

sshd ensures that the AuthorizedKeysCommand can't be modified by a
non-privileged user for obvious reasons.

Based on what you said earlier, your root (equivalent?) user is not
uid 0.  I suspect that the permissions on the keycommand file to not
match sshd's expectations.  The code that checks this is in
auth2-pubkey.c:subprocess() which calls auth.c:auth_secure_path().

What are the file permissions on /var/run/keycommand_SUPER.SUPER and
its parent directories?  Did you run the test with SUDO=sudo?  Where
did SUPER.SUPER come from?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.