Test Failure OpenSSH 7.1 P2 on HPE NSE for integrity

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Feb 10 13:30:23 AEDT 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Randall S. Becker
<rsbecker at nexbridge.com> wrote:
> Thread split from my previous communication. Here is the integrity logs on
> the platform. I had to cut this should due to the length of the logs (5Mb).

This one looks odd.  The ssh session itself looks OK: it authenticates
then sends a
printf shell command (basically, just a way of guaranteeing a minimum amount
of output being sent back:

> debug1: Sending command: printf "%4096s" " "

The session then closes OK but ssh exists with a -1 error code, which
gets propagated
back up the stack as a failure.

> debug1: Exit status -1

Exit statuses in POSIX should be 0-255.  We can see in the sshd.log
that the server
sent an exit status (session_exit_message), so either your printf
command/builtin
returns a bogus exit code, or ssh is mishandling it.

What's the return code of printf?  ie:

printf "%4096s" " "; echo $?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)