wolfSSL port to openSSH

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Wed Feb 10 20:30:06 AEDT 2016

On 28 Dec 2015, at 18:32, Kaleb Himes <kaleb at wolfssl.com> wrote:

> wolfSSL now has a stable port for any interested we are nearly ready to
> submit a pull request to openssh-portable repository.
>
> For any and all interested we are ready for some alpha testing.

Just to help me planning the use & dissemination of this.

1) Fair to assume that you would expect (user and) distributor of a (binary or source) distribution of an openssh+wolfssl (As opposed to an openssh+openssl) to have agreed to BOTH the:

a)	the OpenSSH license

-and-

b)	the GPL (or a commercial license entered into with WolfSSL) ?

and that (at least) the GPL covers the entire derived work ? (the OpenSSH license does not).

2) And secondly (- are you, as the authors, all -) offering these OpenSSL modifications (i.e. the ‘patch) to the world (or to OpenSSL) as part of the work ?

Or do you see the patch itself as something purely for OpenSSL; sufficiently free of entanglement to be redistributed solely under the OpenSSH license agreement ?

Thanks,

Dw.