Call for testing: OpenSSH 7.2

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Thu Feb 18 09:23:16 AEDT 2016

On Wed, 17 Feb 2016, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

> > This one is failing a test assetion - there should be some more useful
> > output available from the test itself.
>
> I think it's this:
>
> test_hostkeys:
> regress/unittests/hostkeys/test_iterate.c:163 test #1 "hostkeys_iterate all
> with key parse"
> ASSERT_INT_EQ(sshkey_load_public( test_data_file(expected[i].key_file),
> &expected[i].l.key, NULL), 0) failed:
> sshkey_load_public( test_data_file(expected[i].key_file), &expected[i].l.key,
> NULL) = -24

I need to make these error messages more user-friendly :(

-24 is SSH_ERR_SYSTEM_ERROR, so it's likely failing to find/load the
key for some reason. I'll make a patch to improve the error message,
but in the meantime you could probably figure out the exact failure
using ktrace/ktruss/strace and/or digging errno out of the core file.

-d