Call for testing: OpenSSH 7.2

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Feb 18 13:29:54 AEDT 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Carson Gaspar <carson at taltos.org> wrote:
[...]
> But "make t-exec SUDO=sudo MAKE='make LTESTS=agent'" works. Or "make t-exec
> SUDO=sudo LTESTS=agent MAKE='make -e'". I guess your make defaults to Env
> Vars overriding assignments. How odd ;-)

err, ok then.

> What is agent.sh doing that's trying to invoke sudo with no tty? The failure
> is easily repeatable, and I doubt it's Solaris specific...

When SUDO is set, test-exec runs sshd as root.  I'm not sure which
specific thing it's complaining about, though.  You could try putting
"set -x" in test-exec.sh and see what it's doing around the time of
the error.  My guess is that it's when ssh is trying to run sshd as a
proxycommand:

[...[] proxycommand ${SUDO} sh ${SRC}/sshd-log-wrapper.sh
${TEST_SSHD_LOGFILE} ${SSHD} -i -f $OBJ/sshd_proxy

Some tests like agent-ptrace use sudo specifically for things like
setting permissions bits but that doesn't look like it in your case.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement