removing keys from ssh-agent without having key file

Dustin Lundquist dustin at null-ptr.net
Sat Jan 2 10:27:47 AEDT 2016

I've ran into a similar situation. Looking at PROTOCOL.agent for SSH
version 2, you can obtain the key blob with SSH2_AGENTC_REQUEST_IDENTITIES,
and remove that identity with SSH2_AGENTC_REMOVE_IDENTITY. This means with
within the SSH agent protocol the key files are not needed to remove the
key.

I have another user case for this functionality: I've written a SSH agent
proxy which permits authorized users access to a common set of identities,
and in some cases a user has access to too many identities to complete
authentication in the permitted number of authentication attempts. In this
case the proxy would not remove the shared identity, but temporarily block
it from that users view.

Dustin Lundquist