ssh-pkcs11.c

Nuno Gonçalves nunojpg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:56:01 AEST 2016

Hi Alon,

I confirmed with pkcs11-tool (from OpenSC) and I can confirm that
pressing return when asked for the pin causes the login to stop (and
not to try a empty pin).

Can you confirm if a empty pin is actually a valid pin, and if not,
can the patch be accepted?

Once again, the problem is that from a user experience, *some/most*
users would expect they can skip pkcs11 token authentication just by
pressing return and trying then other authentication method, like
password.

But currently that is not what happens, and users can find out too
late that they have instead tried a wrong pin too many times and
locked their token...

Regards,
Nuno