Baffling regress/forwarding.sh failure, new in 7.4p1

Colin Watson cjwatson at debian.org
Sun Jan 1 00:32:03 AEDT 2017

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 12:55:52PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> In this case I have a new failure in 7.4p1 that didn't occur in 7.3p1.
> I'm seeing it on Debian amd64 and Ubuntu s390x, so from context I think
> it's specific to the case where we're using autopkgtest's LXC
> virtualisation mode.  I can run the tests locally, but so far haven't
> managed to reproduce this failure that way.
>
> I arranged to run all tests under TEST_SHELL='sh -x' and to dump
> failed-{regress,ssh,sshd}.log on failures.  Can anyone make anything out
> of this?

Oh, I should add that I already tried changing base=33 to base=34 in the
hope that it was just a port in use somewhere.  That made no difference.
(Unfortunately forwarding.sh doesn't emit any verbose messages as it
goes along, and I only added 'sh -x' output in the most recent run, so I
suppose it's possible that it failed at some different point instead.)

Since some tests in that file succeed and it only starts failing once it
gets to the tests designated "config file:", it doesn't feel like a
port-in-use problem anyway.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson at debian.org]