OpenSSL 1.1.0 shim - OpenSSL project seems to have one

Devin Nate devin.nate at QHRtech.com
Sun Jul 2 01:08:59 AEST 2017

Hi all,

I have watched with some interest as a number of people have commented on why the OpenSSL team did not make a shim available that provides a 1.1.0 style compat layer for 1.0.2 software.

Is everyone watching this aware of this web page:
https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/OpenSSL_1.1.0_Changes

At the bottom is an openssl-compat.tar.gz file, which seems to contain a shim and the copyright seems to indicate that it is being provided by the OpenSSL team itself. From what I have read on this list, having the OpenSSL team provide an official shim seems like an important factor for many people, and while I have not dug into it, it seems maybe they have?

Thanks,
Devin