Use other default credential cache then FILE

Jakub Jelen jjelen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 6 18:41:22 AEDT 2017

On 03/03/2017 10:17 PM, tseegerkrb wrote:
> /Hello, i m playing around with MIT kerberos at moment and got the
> problem that openssh do not honor the "default_ccache_name" variable in
> /etc/krb5.conf. It looks like the FILE based credential cache is
> hardcoded and openssh set KRB5CCNAME to it, but i would like to use the
> KEYRING cache. Is there any way to tell ssh to use the cache set in
> "default_ccache_name"? /Many thanks in advance and best regards

Hello,
in Fedora and RHEL we have a patch that takes care of this:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/openssh.git/tree/openssh-6.3p1-krb5-use-default_ccache_name.patch

I am not sure why it was not driven upstream yet, but in any case if
that would solve your case, feel free to use it, if it would be
acceptable upstream, feel free to merge it.

Regards,
--
Jakub Jelen
Software Engineer