Announce: OpenSSH 7.5 released

Tom G. Christensen tgc at jupiterrise.com
Tue Mar 28 02:06:48 AEDT 2017

On 20/03/17 14:31, Damien Miller wrote:
> OpenSSH 7.5 has just been released. It will be available from the
> mirrors listed at http://www.openssh.com/ shortly.

I'm seeing an error in the testsuite on Solaris 2.6:
test_utf8: ........................
regress/unittests/utf8/tests.c:48 test #25 "c_esc"
ASSERT_INT_EQ(len, wantlen) failed:
          len = -1
      wantlen = 5

I seems this might be related to the fact that on Solaris < 7
nl_langinfo(CODESET) returns an empty string when the codeset is ASCII.

To verify I put together a small testprogram that does a setlocale
followed by nl_langinfo(CODESET) and for the 'C' locale it returns an
empty string while 'da' returns ISO8859-1 as expected.

-tgc