Simple ways to test ssh tunnel

Darren Tucker dtucker at dtucker.net
Fri Oct 5 20:18:06 AEST 2018

On 5 October 2018 at 19:23, Mathieu Westphal
<mathieu.westphal at kitware.com> wrote:
[...]
> ssh -L 8080:localhost:11111 user at remote
>
> What command could I then use to use this tunnel as simply as possible,
> either on the client, the server or both.

On the client, "telnet localhost 8080".  If it connects, depending on
what's on the other end either you'll get a banner or it'll wait for
the client to send something.  If it speaks HTTP. you can type
something like "GET /" and it'll probably give either a page or an
error message.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)