OpenSSH ver.8.2p1 compilation error on AIX

Darren Tucker dtucker at dtucker.net
Thu Feb 20 22:36:06 AEDT 2020

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 at 10:48, Darren Tucker <dtucker at dtucker.net> wrote:
> Well I'd like to see it work, but at the moment it's not clear to me
> what the problem is.

Turned out I saved an old VAC (8.0) eval kit for my olde faithful AIX
box, so I was able to build OpenSSH 8.2 with VAC against OpenSSL
1.1.1d thusly:

$ blibpath=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib CC=/usr/vac/bin/cc ./configure
--with-ssl-dir=/usr/local --with-zlib=/usr/local && make
[...]
$ ./ssh -V
OpenSSH_8.2p1, OpenSSL 1.1.1d  10 Sep 2019

Could you please send me the exact configure invocation you used and
the Makefile and config.h that it created?

I'd also suggest you search your system for "openssl" directories
containing header files and temporarily rename the ones you do not
intend to use before running OpenSSH's configure (without disabling
the openssl header check) to make sure it's finding the one you intend
to use.

Thanks.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)