HPN-SSH User Survey

rapier rapier at psc.edu
Wed Jul 8 03:03:40 AEST 2020

Hello people,

I've spent the past 14 years or so working on a series of patches for
OpenSSH to improve throughput in high performance environments. This
originally started as a way to deal with windowing issues on long fat
networks for the transfer of bulk data. If you aren't familiar with this
work you can find more information at
https://www.psc.edu/index.php/hpn-ssh

I've recently received a grant from the National Science Foundation to
incorporate new advances into HPN-SSH (NSF Award#: 2004012). The end
goal being to meet the needs of researchers, users, institutions, and
other organizations with high performance data transfer needs.

As part of this project I've been soliciting input from users and
stakeholders to help guide the direction of development over the next
two years. More information about the project and our goals can be found
at https://www.psc.edu/hpn-ssh/community-guide. We've also developed an
anonymous short survey on Google Forms at
https://forms.gle/drt1js79pzNuJdjD6

If you have the time and inclination to give me your input on the
development of HPN-SSH I would appreciate it.

Thank you all for your time and the constant work that goes into
developing OpenSSH.

Chris Rapier