Deprecation of scp protocol and improving sftp client

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.net
Wed Jun 17 06:14:17 AEST 2020

On Tue, 2020-06-16 at 19:47 +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> sftp protocol and falls back to the scp protocol if that fails, and
> it
> has -scp or -sftp options to force one or the other.

I think fallback should be something that doesn't happen automatically,
at least at some point.

I mean the whole reason of getting rid of scp is mostly the security
issues, isn't it?

I wonder if an "new" scp could bring in some new features like --
interactive (not overwrite files without askin)... or if that would
break too much

Cheers,
Chris.