ability to select which identity to forward when using "ForwardAgent" ?

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmx.com
Sun Oct 4 22:33:59 AEDT 2020

On 10/4/20 1:20 PM, Pablo Escobar wrote:
[snip]> I usually have around 10 identities loaded in my local ssh-agent
and when I
> use the "ForwardAgent" option all them are forwarded to the remote server,
> which is not ideal. I usually only need to forward one (or two) of the
> identities and I would like to be able to choose which one(s) to forward.
[snip]

One work-around [1] is to use an alias.

  alias assh="ssh-agent ssh -o AddKeysToAgent=confirm \
	-o ForwardAgent=yes"

That approach will still respect what's in ssh_config(5) except for the
two options it overrides.

/Lars

[1] https://vincent.bernat.ch/en/blog/2020-safer-ssh-agent-forwarding