ability to select which identity to forward when using "ForwardAgent" ?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Oct 5 21:04:19 AEDT 2020

Pablo Escobar wrote:
> I usually have around 10 identities loaded in my local ssh-agent and when I
> use the "ForwardAgent" option all them are forwarded to the remote server,
> which is not ideal. I usually only need to forward one (or two) of the
> identities and I would like to be able to choose which one(s) to forward.

It may not always be sufficient, but remember that when you use
proxyjump (or equivalent proxycommand) then no agent forwarding is
used; all SSH process which authenticate execute only locally and
connect directly to your agent.

So agent forwarding is only /required/ when you run interactive shells
on intermediate remote hosts.

//Peter