Announce: OpenSSH 8.5 released

Josh Soref jsoref at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 12:58:08 AEDT 2021

Hi Damien,

A peer was reading the 8.5 announcement [1] and noted:

> the new openssh release notes sometimes end bugfixes with period, sometimes they don't;
> sometimes it's bzNNN and sometimes it's bz#NNN.
> Not all entries have a bugzilla number

Could I prevail upon you to use a consistent formatting?

I could probably help a bit (in a past life, I actually worked on a
release notes process, and I do at times try to help others with
theirs, although I haven't followed the release process here
particularly closely, I did see some of the calls-for-testing posts).

Thanks,
Josh

[1] https://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2021/03/03/1