Aw: Re: Howto log multiple sftpd instances with their chroot shared via NFS

Hildegard Meier daku8938 at gmx.de
Wed Sep 29 19:24:14 AEST 2021

> Von: "Hildegard Meier" <daku8938 at gmx.de>
> If one does not use the /dev/log in the chroot environment (that is /var/data/chroot/<username>/dev/log absolute), you have a global sftpd log (I think in /var/log/messages on the server or something like that).

Sorry I think this is not true, I think I confused this with the first situation when I did not fetch each sftp chrooted user's /dev/log with a specific syslog-ng source config,
but just the whole sftp session logs from all users wnet to facility LOCAL5 and I fetched facility LOCAL5 into one log file. But /dev/log in each sftp user's chroot dir was required for that, though.