Fido2 sometimes prompts for PIN

Jeremy Hansen jeremy at skidrow.la
Thu Aug 25 16:34:56 AEST 2022

Yubikey BIO.

I’m noticing it consistently prompts me for pin when I use a different fingerprint, so I guess what seemed to be a random prompt for my PIN is just me not touching the key properly. This also explains why it prompts for a touch the section time. I’d like to always prompt for PIN.

I also noticed if I use the wrong fingerprint, as long as my PIN is correct, it allows me to proceed. I guess I expected that a second bad fingerprint after the PIN prompt would kick me out.

Thanks