SCP in SFTP mode

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Feb 7 03:01:00 AEDT 2022

Dmitry Belyavskiy wrote:
> As RHEL 8 series will definitely be in wide use for several more years, I
> kindly ask the OpenSSH upstream to consider this patch, which is trying to
> workaround the server side on the client side:

I find it rude and quite outrageous to push a burden of compatibility
with a paid-for commercial product onto an open source project.

It's asking for the wrong solution in the wrong place.

If RHEL doesn't work as you like then you should obviously engage RH
to get them to qualify the software you want their product to have.

Now, if you can make a case explicitly for how OpenSSH git can improve
compatibility with older releases of upstream OpenSSH then that could
be a different story, and if you do so smartly it might also benefit
your commercial systems.

//Peter