OL8 (RHEL8), ssh-rsa turned off using update-crypto-policies, receiving an openssh error that I don't seem to be able to override in my personal .ssh/config file

kevin martin ktmdms at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 06:51:11 AEST 2024

using "update-crypt-policies --set DEFAULT" allows the connectivity to work
again.  setting that but then setting -ssh-rsa... in /etc/ssh/ssh_config
breaks it again.  setting my personal .ssh/config file to +ssh-rsa... keeps
it still broken.  so I guess my personal .ssh/config file is only used when
something isn't explicitly set in system wide crypto policies or the system
/etc/ssh/ssh_config.
---

Regards,

Kevin Martin