[flashboot] flashboot build issue?

Stephan Tesch stephan at tesch.cx
Wed Sep 12 06:34:49 EST 2007

Am Sonntag, 9. September 2007 23:43:41 schrieb Kevin Steves:

Hi guys,

> : the hackathon) but noticed yesterday that my scripts from January were
> : now failing on the build-release portion.  (They'd been running fine in
> : different incarnations for well over a year)  Initially, they failed
> : trying to install the man page for ypclnt.3.  This caused me to start
> : digging.
> :
> : I then downloaded the 20070830 snapshot and encountered the same issue.
> :
> : I tracked it down to the options in mk-mini.conf.  If I leave various
> : options of KERBEROS, YP, etc equal to NO, then the build fails in
> : different places when trying to install.
> :
> : My setup involves building a raw, clean source tree from fresh cvs tree
> : from a daily cvsync snapshot.  I merge my custom binaries in much later
> : (nothing to do with the build-release script) so that isn't the cause.
> :
> : Any thoughts?  A standard build-world from /usr/src works just fine.
> : It's the mk-mini options that are crating the build for me.  Did
> : something change in "make" and how it handle its options in the last
> : number of months that I've missed?
>
> I see the same thing and have not yet been able to track its
> cause down.

I think I found the cause for this trouble. Remember the recent changes to
sudo? There is a new default that the environment isn't inherited. There are
some variables found in /etc/sudoers, that are kept nonetheless, but as far
as I can see it, one is missing: MAKECONF.

I can't tell if this should be preserved by default, maybe Todd can say a few
words?

Take care,
Stephan