[netflow-tools] softflowd+WD MyBook

Eugene McNamee eugene at edm.ie
Fri Jan 9 08:32:52 EST 2009

Hi,

I have installed softflowd on a Western Digital MyBook World Edition:

Processor	: ARM926EJ-Sid(wb) rev 5 (v5l)
RAM		: Hynix HY50U561622E (30032 kB)
Kernel	: BusyBox 2.6.17.14
Webserver	: lighttpd

Everything is installed correctly.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any documentation that can help me
with softflowd.

I wish to be able to have softflowd capture netflows from my LinkSys 160N
router. Currently I am using ManageEngine's NetFlow Analyser on a Vista box
but I need an always on 24/7 reporting facility and as MyBook is directly
cabled to router it seems to me the simplest option.

The router is running dd-wrt v24-sp1 std-special and is exporting snmp data
on port 9996.

Lighttpd is running and there is a public folder available for data.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how to configure softflowd to capture
data and export it and then how to read this data from a windows box via
http???

Many Thanks,
Eugene