[netflow-tools] Pfflowd startup options

CB EXPRESS cbexpress1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 00:56:11 EST 2011

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: CB EXPRESS
  To: netflow-tools at mindrot.org
  Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:53 AM
  Subject: Pfflowd startup options

  I'm running Pfflowd on PFsense 2.0 RC3
  I'm using PRTG to collect the flow data. I tried softflowd and it does not report correctly , it seems to count only a fraction of the actual usage using netflow V 9.

  Pfflowd does seem to so far work correctly with PRTG except for the flow time outs. I get several flow time out errors concerning flows that have an expired time stamp. Below is the config from the pfflowd.sh file on my system. I have searched high and low for the man page that explains what options can be included at startup and found nothing.
  I can assume -n is the IP and port that's a gimme ,and -s is where the data is sent from. -S any must be the direction of the flows to count and send. and V 9 is netflow version.

  What can I add to this file to set the flow timeout to 5 minutes?

  /sbin/ifconfig pfsync0 up
  /usr/local/sbin/pfflowd  -n 192.168.0.4:9996 -s 192.168.25.1  -S any -v 9

  Thanks
  Allan