[netflow-tools] vlan tagging

Vincent G Forgione III vforgione at anl.gov
Sat Jul 2 02:04:19 EST 2011

I am having some issues with replaying flow datagrams to my collector.
I have a tap in my system that replays to a box that has tcpdump
listening in promiscuous mode. It then pushes its dump to another box
that I use for archiving and replaying to a collector. Unfortunately,
all of the information has vlan tags in their layer 2 headers. I have
tried using tcprewrite to strip them with no success.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, did you solve it with
another piece of software or did you have to recable your boxes to avoid
vlan tags in the hop?