[netflow-tools] flowd ASA Support

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Tue Sep 20 23:07:58 EST 2011

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011, John Marrett wrote:

> I have updated my patch so that it reports all ASA reported flows as
> having at least one packet.
>
> This allows reporting on blocked traffic with the flow-tools utility
> flow-report.

Ugh, I knew that vendors would abuse NetFlow v.9's flexibility sooner or
later.

My vague plan is to change the storage format of flowd to protocol
buffers[1] so it will be able to store near-arbitrary data with good
forward and backwards compatibility, but I haven't got around to it
yet.

-d

[1] http://code.google.com/apis/protocolbuffers/docs/overview.html