[netflow-tools] bz2 flowd file reading working in c/c++

Otto mworld at twbc.net
Fri Jan 6 18:45:41 EST 2012

Hi guys. I took another look at reading bzip2 compressed flowd log files
and have managed to get it working. The only reason I would want to do
this is for threading. I know I could just use bzcat if I were using
flowd-reader, but I'm writing a threaded app. I'm not sure who the
maintainer is for flowd, but they may be interested in the code.

All I do is compress the files after rolling them over (every 5
minutes). The roll over script takes care of creating the directory
structure (like flow-capture) e.g. 2012/2012-01/2012-01-06 , send flowd
-SIGHUP and then renames the main log file that flowd is writing to, to
{datedir}/flowd-2012-01-06-hhmmss , finally compressing it.

Regards,
Otto.