[netflow-tools] Softflowd and VLAN tagged packets

Craig Weinhold craig.weinhold at cdw.com
Sun Feb 17 09:29:07 EST 2013

I can't speak for softflowd, but I do know that the NIC and/or kernel may be able to strip/preserve VLAN tags on promiscuous ports. See:

   http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/CS-005897.htm

As an aside, keep in mind that a packet routed from VLAN X to VLAN Y might show up twice on your mirror port if both VLANs are being mirrored.

-Craig