New x11-ssh-askpass release available

Jim Knoble jmknoble at pobox.com
Sat Dec 11 06:11:41 EST 1999

I've just heard this week from Markus Friedl that x11-ssh-askpass is in
OpenBSD's CVS tree in the X11 section.  I need to make absolutely sure
that what they have and what i have are in sync before it goes anywhere
else, and i haven't had time to do that yet.  (I'm leaving Sunday for a
Linux Standard Base meeting and then The Bazaar in New York, and i
won't be back until the following Sunday, so it might take a bit.)

Once that's done, it's up to Damien whether it should be in the OpenSSH
port or not; i'd really like to autoconf-ify it, but i don't have so
much experience doing that.  Perhaps one or two folks here could help
once it does (or doesn't) get in the OpenSSH package.

I don't particularly see any reason to exclude the other ssh-askpass
implementations other than that it's more difficult to maintain two or
three implementations than one.  It seems good to let folks choose
which one they prefer.

--
jim knoble
jmknoble at pobox.com

På 1999-Dec-10 klokka 17:09:39 +0000 skrivet Philip Hands:

: Given that this requires least (in terms of library dependencies) of
: all the Free ssh-askpass implementations available to us, is it going
: to be adopted as the default?
:
: It seems to make sense to put this in the main source tree (as
: ssh-askpass) and to get rid of the other two, to remove clutter, but
: perhaps I'm missing some reason that people might prefer the gnome or
: perl-tk versions.