1.2pre17 scp Input/Output error

Barrie Spence baz at sqf.hp.com
Tue Dec 14 21:52:43 EST 1999

Berend De Schouwer wrote:

> Under OpenSSH 1.2pre17 I can duplicate and Input/Output error for scp:
>
> Conditions:
> pc36 is a RH6.0/i386 box.
> abc.co.za is a RH5.2/i386 box. (private network)
> openssh 1.2 pre 17 on both boxes.
> Line between them is a 128k leased line.  It works between two 10baseT
> machines.
> If the scrollbar is active, the scp fails, if it isn't active, scp
> works.  Note that without the scrollbar, the file gets there and is
> valid.

I can confirm this problem - in our case, both ends are RH6.1 with
a 2.2.13 kernel. I'm actually using it via a SOCKS5 firewall with
the runsocks command - I don't know the spec of the intervening
pipework.

I also noticed that small files transfer without problem (anything
larger than ~500k breaks).

I rebuilt the supplied SRC rpm locally.

Barrie
--
Barrie Spence (313-2465)                Agilent Technologies UK Ltd
E-Mail:   baz at sqf.hp.com                South Queensferry, UK