scp with openssh on the server side and $PATH.

Marc Haber usenet-9947 at marc-haber.de
Tue Dec 28 23:11:24 EST 1999

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999 10:05:47 +1100 (EST), you wrote:
>On Sun, 26 Dec 1999, Marc Haber wrote:
>> In the mean time, I found out that this path comes from
>> /usr/include/paths.h which is included from config.h (thanks to Jim
>> Knoble for pointing that out in his Alert article.
>>
>> I will try later today if preventing that include from happening
>> will solve the problem.
>
>1.2.1pre22 will have a --with-default-path option with which you can
>override this.

Is it possible that this option is not currently honored by the
configure script? It shows up in the help, is accepted by configure
|./configure --with-default-path="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin/:/usr/sbin:/sbin",
but the stdpath set in config.h still shows the normal path without
/local and grepping for "/local" over the sources doesn't give hits -
and the compiled sshd still sets the path to what is default.

I feel rather stupid here.

Greetings
Marc