scp with openssh on the server side and $PATH.

Ben Taylor bent at clark.net
Wed Dec 29 05:43:10 EST 1999

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Marc Haber wrote:

> Is it possible that this option is not currently honored by the
> configure script? It shows up in the help, is accepted by configure
> |./configure --with-default-path="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin/:/usr/sbin:/sbin",
> but the stdpath set in config.h still shows the normal path without
> /local and grepping for "/local" over the sources doesn't give hits -
> and the compiled sshd still sets the path to what is default.
>
> I feel rather stupid here.

Don't feel stupid.  The configure script accepts the --with-default-path
option, but doesn't do anything with it.  Since there is now a defines.h
that got broken away from config.h, I suspect that what should happen is
a rule in configure should write something like this to config.h.  This
will allow us to override the _PATH_STDPATH if we want to, and not have
it redefined in defines.h if we have defined it.

#if HAVE_DEFAULT_PATH
# if defined (_PATH_STDPATH)
#  undef _PATH_STDPATH
# endif
# define _PATH_STDPATH "<configured-path>"
#endif

I haven't figured out autoconf that well yet, so maybe someone who knows
it can hack this into configure.in.

Ben