scp with openssh on the server side and $PATH.

Marc Haber Marc.Haber-lists at gmx.de
Thu Dec 30 10:02:18 EST 1999

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999 13:43:10 -0500 (EST), you wrote:
>Don't feel stupid.  The configure script accepts the --with-default-path
>option, but doesn't do anything with it.

I see. This needs to be documented or other people will fall into that
trap.

>I haven't figured out autoconf that well yet, so maybe someone who knows
>it can hack this into configure.in.

Just to solve it _now_, can I safely put

#if HAVE_DEFAULT_PATH
# if defined (_PATH_STDPATH)
#  undef _PATH_STDPATH
# endif
# define _PATH_STDPATH "_my_path_"
#endif

in config.h without breaking anything? Installing a broken sshd on the
machine in question will result in a 300 km drive :-(

btw, since this list is intended for developers, I believe that slowly
we need a openssh-unix-user mailing list.

Greetings
Marc