solaris compiling woes

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Sat Nov 20 04:08:56 EST 1999

should be fixed in pre13...I sent Damien patches to better determine the
value of an unsigned 32bit int and 16bit int...

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, TARDIEU Emmanuel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem compiling openssh pre 1.12 on solaris 2.5.1 platform with
> gnu gcc 2.95.2
>
> u_int32_t is missing somehow and i cannot find any includes which define it.
>
> gcc -g -O2 -Wall -I/usr/local/ssl/include -DETCDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\"
> -DSSH_PROGRAM=\"/usr/local/bin/ssh\"
> -DASKPASS_PROGRAM=\"/usr/local/lib/ssh/ssh-askpass\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c
> authfile.c
> authfile.c: In function `save_private_key':
> authfile.c:50: parse error before `rand'
> authfile.c:63: invalid lvalue in assignment
> authfile.c:64: invalid operands to binary &
> authfile.c:65: invalid operands to binary >>
> *** Error code 1
>
> Thanks,
> Emmanuel Tardieu

Marc G. Fournier                                 marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator                            Acadia University

  "These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"