ls -alni /var/mail

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Tue Apr 11 09:46:28 EST 2000

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Andrew Stribblehill wrote:

> Using the trial internal entropy gathering routines Damien so
> kindly provided, I noticed stuff happening slowly. I think I've
> traced this to the 'ls -alni /var/mail' taking a long time.

The entropy code is pretty peliminary. It could do with some
enhancements:

- A read timeout to prevent and errant process hanging ssh[d]

- The ability to load which commands to run from a text file

- Makefile support to sub the correct paths into the above text file

Any help would be greatly welcomed as I am pretty busy with Other
Things right now :)

-d